It is our editorial policy to publish only invited review articles in the field of solar physics.
Before submitting, please check:
- The personal information on the title page is correct and complete (you can include the URL of your home page).
- There are no footnotes within tables.
- You provided keywords describing your article.
- Authors wishing to include figures, tables, or text passages that have already been published elsewhere are required to obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) for both the print and online format and to include evidence that such permission has been granted when submitting their papers. Any material received without such evidence will be assumed to originate from the authors.
- You are giving proper credits in figure or movie captions.
- You referred to and cited related Living Reviews articles whenever appropriate and helpful for the reader.
- Include a short summary describing the changes and additions with respect to the previous version.
See also “First steps – article update”.
- Each reference has an entry type (e.g. article, inproceedings, thesis).
- Each reference has a title if the particular entry type requires it.
- Where possible, references have a link to an open access onlineversion (for example ADS).
- You are not cross-referencing within the reference list.
- You cited all of the included references somewhere in your article.
Check that your files are complete:
- LaTeX source.
- BibTeX file (unless you included the references in LaTeX).
- Any accompanying figures, movies etc.
There are two ways of submission. You can submit
- by cryptshare, a secure web file upload tool,
- by email.
cryptshare works by providing contact information for yourself and the recipient (Living Reviews). Additionally, you choose a password which we will have to ask from you before we can download the files.
- You provide contact information for yourself.
- At the next step you are requested to enter a vericfication code, which you will receive by email.
- You insert the email address of the recipient, frank.schulz<at>springer.com .
- You choose a password which is needed by anyone who wants to download your files.
- You add a comment that this is the submission of your invited review article.
- You upload the article files.
- We will receive an automatic notification of your file upload. However, the password has to be communicated to us separately.
For further information, see http://www.cryptshare.com/en/faq.html
Reminder: We encourage you to post your article prior to publication on arXiv with a comment that it will be published in Living Reviews in Solar Physics.